At Midland we carry a variety of vapour barrier options, perfect for your crawl space. Protect your crawl space from moisture damage and subsequent mold by installing vapour barrier. Generally this is accomplished by installing a layer of vapour barrier across the floor and part of the wall of a crawl space. This blocks the moisture from the ground that can accumulate. We carry 6mm, 10mm, 15mm and 20mm thickness barrier rolls, designed to withstand the toughest conditions and prevent moisture penetration. All of our vapour barrier is manufactured in the United States and Canada, are protected against premature degradation and resistant to UV light. Find peace of mind by adding year round moisture protection to your crawl space with our vapour barrier.
Built to Last and Protect Your Crawl Space
Our Canadian made 6mil and 10mil vapour barrier, is a CGSB certified special purpose construction film to be used as a long lasting vapour barrier. It is designed to exceed the criteria specified in C.G.S.B. Standard CAN/CGSB-51 34-M86 & is used to protect any crawl space area.
Our 15mil and 20mil vapour barrier, is manufactured in the United States from Virgin polyethylene resin & comes with UV additives that prevent against premature degradation & ensure resistance to UV light.
Manufactured to a Superior Standard
Our vapour barrier is manufactured in the United States and Canada. They meet or exceed the minimum physical property requirements set forth in the following specifications and standards:
- National Bureau of Standards Voluntary Product Standard PS 17-69
- Federal Specification LP 378D, Type 1, Class 1, Grade A, Finish 1
- American Society for Testing and Materials ASTM D 4397-91 Standard Specification for Polyethylene Sheeting for Construction, Industrial, and Agricultural Applications
- ASTM E-96-90, requiring that water vapor permeance shall be no greater than 1.40 grams per 100 square inches per 24 hours for film 1 mil thick, inversely proportional for other thicknesses. Expressed in perms, not to exceed:
- .006” (6 Mil) 0.13 Perms
- .010” (10 Mil) 0.076 Perms
- .015” (15 Mil) 0.057 Perms
- .020” (20 Mil) 0.038 Perms
- ASTM C-156, Moisture Retention, requiring that loss of water will not exceed 0.055 G/CM2
- ASTM D-882-91 Method A, requiring the following mechanical properties
- Tensile Strength, psi – 1700 Lengthwise and 1200 Crosswise
- Elongation, % – 350 Lengthwise and 225 Crosswise
- Federal Specification LS-137, requiring no evidence of fungus growth
- Minimum requirements set forth in Federal Specification UUP-147B and F.H.A. Bulletin UM20A
- American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM D2103-86
- ASTM E154-68, Methods of Testing Materials for use as Vapor Barriers under Concrete Slabs and as a Ground Cover in Crawl Spaces
- ASTM 4635-95, Standard Specification for Polyethylene Film for General Use and Packaging Applications
Available in Multiple Sizes and Thickness to Fit Your Specific Needs
At Midland we carry vapour barrier in several sizes and thicknesses to fit the unique characteristics of your crawl space. Our vapour barrier is available in the following sizes:
- 6mil – 10′ x 100′ and 20′ x 100′ – Clear
- 10mil – 10′ x 100′ and 20′ x 100′ – Clear
- 15mil – 20′ x 100′ – White, 14′ x 100′ – Yellow
- 20mil – 20′ x 100′ – White
We Ship Anywhere in Canada
At Midland our logistics network allows us to ship anywhere across Canada. Get your free estimate today!