Turbidity curtains or screens are floating barriers used to control and settle the flow of silt and sediment stirred by construction activity in water or on shore. These curtains restrict silt and sediment from entering adjacent waterways or endangering marine life.
Our turbidity curtains are available as Type 1 or Type 2, depending on permeability requirements and water conditions of the application.
Type 1 turbidity curtains are made out of a cloth fabric, and recommended to be used for ponds, shallow lakes, small streams, marshes, and anywhere with slow flowing water (with a tidal flow of less than one foot per second).
Type 2 turbidity curtains are made out of a heavy 18 oz vinyl, and recommended to be used for any bodies of water with tidal current.
Materials for our curtains range from permeable fabric (lighter) to impermeable 18 oz Vinyl (Heavier). Curtains are custom made for required depths and manageable lengths with flotation, tow lines and chain ballast all included.
- Custom sizes and materials available
- Most requested size is 20′ deep x 50′ long
- High strength PVC or geotextile fabrics
- Fully welded seams
- Designed to prevent the spread of silt and sediments in water when work is being performed in the water or near the shore
- Turbidity curtains suspended vertically in the water using a flotation material that is inside the top pocket