Job Title: Textile Technician / Project Co-Ordinator
About Midland Industrial Covers
Midland Industrial Covers has been serving businesses in Vancouver & across Canada with quality plastic film & custom manufactured covers since 1958. Since 2020, we’ve taken a hard pivot towards providing custom vinyl enclosures for personal & commercial applications. We’ve also developed a contract fabrication and sewing part of our business that provides custom covers for the Military and other industrial companies. Custom Manufacturing, Quality Products & Great Service, that’s how we roll @ MIC.
As a Textile Technician at Midland Industrial Covers, you will be involved in the sales, design & fabrication process which will require you to work closely with other members of our team on various projects from residential to commercial to industrial applications.
- Assist in preparing estimates for our customers and be willing to travel to customer locations to take measurements and conduct onsite consultations.
- Design custom cover layouts based on customer consultations using CAD software and implement CAD drawings standards.
- Be the project Co-ordinator for our migration to a CNC Fabric cutting machine.
- Oversee production of custom covers using our Miller Weldmaster Hot Air Welder.
- Develop manufacturing and process procedures for our Miller Weldmaster Hot Air Welder and CNC fabric cutting machine.
- Establish work priorities and ensure procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
- Delegate work to other members of the team when required.
- Be the project co-ordinator for our Weatherhaven Military projects.
- Be responsible for our Weatherhaven textile inventory.
- Collect and analyze data and samples for other industry wide textiles for use in our production process.
Qualifications and Requirements
- College diploma in Math or some form of Computer qualification (preferred)
- Ability to read complex design layouts, blueprints, and CAD drawings.
- Experience & Proficient using CAD software.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in the textile and custom covers fabrication industry.
- Experience working with hot air welders, preferably with the Miller Weldmaster machines.
- Familiar with basic sewing terms and instructions
- Experience working with vinyl coated PVC fabrics.
- Ability to work in warehouse environments.
- Ability to work extra hours and on weekends when required.
- Must be comfortable dealing with people & have experience with the sales process.
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Midland Industrial Covers, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent